WisItalia Governance and Committees
WisItalia Board of DirectorsThe WisItalia Board of Directors - Consists of the Executive Committee, Area Representatives and other committee chairs. Responsible for the overall initiatives of the organization, setting meeting dates and agendas, and for communication with member organizations, local school administration and Italian teachers and classes; and for direct support of other committees. Consists of the following groups:
- Executive Committee
- Area Representatives
- Committee Chairs
Executive CommitteeThe Executive Committee - Consists of elected officers, serving 2-year terms: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and immediate Past President. Responsible for setting the organization's direction, agenda, goals; for oversight of all other committees; and for evaluating the progress of these issues. Meets at the call of the President. Executive committee contact information and biographical information.
Area RepresentativesArea Representatives - Represent the concerns of the geographical community in promoting the Italian language and culture, and serve for 2-year terms. Responsible for encouraging and supporting the schools with Italian classes in their areas, helping to advocate and develop Italian classes in receptive schools, supporting local teachers of Italian, and reporting on the progress of the schools in their area. Area representatives contact information and biographical information.
- Green Bay
- Advisory Committee - Committee members are appointed by the Executive Committee, with the approval of the Board of Directors. Provides advice to the Board of Directors in matters pertaining to the mission of the organization. Assists in fundraising and in helping Board members access local community leaders. Chairperson and member contact information.
- Education Committee - Responsible for acquiring new or improved educational strategies, initiatives and curriculum resources; keeping a list of qualified teachers; following-up on individual WisItalia grant applications and summary reports by grant recipients; collecting student census data needed for budget and reporting purposes; assisting teachers in becoming certified to teach Italian in Wisconsin, and organizing and participating in the Annual Teacher of the Year program. (Committee members need to have prior experience in education.) Chairperson and member contact information.
- Funds Development Committee - Responsible for fundraising activities for WisItalia, including corporate sponsorships, governmental and private grants; coordinates with the Website Committee for web advertising, and the Scholarship Committee for student scholarship opportunities. Includes writing proposals to apply for those monies. Involves researching government agencies or private sources that have funds earmarked for specific purposes. Funds would be used for Italian educator expenses, supporting the Italian language programs, or special projects. Chairperson and member contact information. NOTE: This committee is seeking new applicants.
- Membership Committee - Responsible for the membership database, and for coordinating, with the Secretary of WisItalia, various communications to members. NOTE: This committee is on hold.
- Public Relations/Marketing Committee - Interacts with the media and other entities to promote a positive image of WisItalia and the Italian language programs in Wisconsin. Responsible for all media releases and advertising, i.e., meetings, special events, accomplishments, etc. Also responsible for the marketing of WisItalia to the business community and the public at-large, determining the needs and desires of students, parents and the community for learning Italian. Works closely with the Funds Development Committee. Chairperson and member contact information. NOTE: This committee is seeking new applicants.
- Scholarship Committee - Responsible for seeking out scholarship opportunities for students and teachers, and notifying the Board of such opportunities, as well as keeping the website up-to-date. Also, will comprise the panel to determine scholarship winners, when appropriate. Chairperson and member contact information. NOTE: This committee is seeking new applicants.
- Web Team - Responsible for the WisItalia website, including updates, hosting, advertising revenue, and web communications with the Board. Researches and develops web content, reviews the site for outdated material, and checks for broken links for the WisItalia website www.wisitalia.org and its public Facebook page www.facebook.com/wisitalia, as well as other social media outlets. Chairperson and member contact information.