Italy offers many Italian language schools for foreigners. There are also a few schools in the United States that offer Italian immersion programs. You may also be interested in a student exchange program. Whether you're learning the language to "get around the country" or want to enroll in an immersion school/program aimed towards Italian fluency, here are links to some of these schools/language programs.
Student Exchange ProgramsSharing daily life with a teenager from Italy is a culturally rich and rewarding experience. It's a wonderful way to bring more understanding into the world. If you've ever thought about welcoming an exchange student into your home and family, now's the time to learn more. This is an especially great opportunity for Wisconsin high school students who are studying Italian and would like an Italian companion.
Or, if you are interested in being an exchange student and travelling to Italy, this is a wonderful way to immerse yourself in the language and culture.
- AFS Student Exchange Program (exit WisItalia) - AFS is an international, voluntary, non-governmental, non-profit organization that has been matching host families with high school students from all over the world for over 60 years. Their aim is to build bridges of intercultural understanding. Host families welcome exchange students from over 50 countries into their homes and lives, provide a bed and meals, and the same guidance, love, and support as they would to their own children. Students attend a local high school and receive the support of a network of community-based AFS volunteers. For more information about hosting, or if your family is interested in hosting students from Italy, or if you would like to be an exchange student, please contact AFS Hosting Volunteer, Carol Yohn at 866 924-4505 email@example.com or Emily Turner 800 876-2377, ext 2233 ETurner@afs.org.
To Host an Exchange Student (exit WisItalia)
To Be an Exchange Student in Italy (exit WisItalia)
- CETUSA Student Exchange Program (exit WisItalia) - The Council for Educational Travel USA (CETUSA). Their motto is "Founded on Friendship." They believe that the world becomes a smaller, friendlier place when we build bridges across cultures. They offer a wide variety of quality programs that enable students from around the globe to work, study, travel, and receive professional training abroad. CETUSA's High School Programs allow students to spend a semester or full academic year in America attending a public or private high school. CETUSA host families are volunteers who open their homes and invite the students to become a part of their daily life. Each student also has a local CETUSA Community Coordinator who supports them through every stage of their program. CETUSA's Outreach High School Program allows American students to experience either a semester or full school year overseas, in the country of their choice. Contact Jenny Nagel, Community Coordinator, Council for Educational Travel USA, 262 334-4684 if you are interested in hosting Italian students in your home, or if you would like to be an exchange student.
To Host an Exchange Student (exit WisItalia)
To Be an Exchange Student in Italy (exit WisItalia)
- MESLS (exit WisItalia) - Madison English as a Second Language School LLC (MESLS) is located in Madison, Wisconsin. MESLS teaches the English language to non-native speakers who would like to improve their English capability. MESLS is open to all adults 16 years of age and older who are capable of benefiting from instruction. MESLS also provides counseling to students interested in attending college or university in the U.S., both as graduate and undergraduate students.
Host families are often needed for Italian students, age 16-17, in mid August of each year. The students attend MESLS on University Ave (near Whole Foods in Madison, WI) in the morning, with sightseeing with their teacher till early evening. Then they stay with their host families. Refunds are available to each host family to cover breakfast, packed lunch, and dinner. If you are interested, or know a family who is interested, call Giovanna Miceli Jeffries 608 238-1991 or Italink@att.net.
- World Heritage (exit WisItalia) - World Heritage has several Italian students in need of host families for the school year (semester stays are also available) who are excited to come to the USA. The student will attend the local public high school. Students have their own spending money and insurance and the volunteer host families provide the home (bed and meals) and most importantly a caring atmosphere to include them as true family members. This is a great opportunity available to families, couples without children, empty nesters, and even singles.
If you would like to host a student from Italy, or from one of a number of other countries, or if you are a teen interested in being an exchange student, please call Ann Day at 262 843-2288 firstname.lastname@example.org or Sue Bancroft at 920 410-2465 email@example.com for more information.
Italian Immersion Language Programs in the United States
- Concordia Language Village - Lago del Bosco Summer Camp (exit WisItalia) - An Italian language immersion summer camp in Minnesota. The Italian Language Village offers a fun-filled, one-of-a-kind opportunity for people who are interested in exploring the richness of Italian language and culture. Although the main focus is on youths 7-18 years old, there are also Italian language immersion programs for families, adults and educators. Lago del Bosco offers three choices of Summer Villages experiences for young people: one-week overnight exploratory sessions; two-week overnight immersion sessions; and four-week sessions for high school credit. The family program offers Helvetia Swiss Week, a great experience in Switzerland's three major languages – German, French, and Italian – together with exciting discoveries in Swiss culture and cuisine. If you're 18 or older and want to sharpen your Italian skills to prepare for a travel abroad, to improve your professional skill set, study Italian art, history, and cuisine, or just to stretch your mind, consider the 4-day weekend adult program. For educators, consider taking a teacher seminar, workshop or enrolling in the Master of Education in World Language Instruction program.
- Italian Cultural Center, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota (exit WisItalia) - An Italian immersion program for children aged 3 years to 5th grade, the bilingual/advanced track is designed for children who are actively hearing and practicing Italian in their daily life. The full-immersion 60 or 90 minute weekly lessons are taught by a combination of volunteer and compensated parent instructors, all of whom are university-educated native Italians. Monthly field trips replace two classes each trimester and provide an opportunity for students and their parents to meet and interact with other families in more informal social settings. Contact the coordinator of the bilingual/advanced program, Cristina Ferraris firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions regarding curriculum and/or placement.
- Italian Scuola Calcio (Soccer School) Summer Soccer Camp and Language Experience in USA (exit WisItalia) - An Italian language and soccer camp program located in Jekyll Island, Georgia. This unique soccer camp for youth is a 16-day Italian summer program, here in the USA. The program includes all coaching fees, plus direct Italian language course offered throughout the program. The Italian language expands from the classroom every day on to the soccer field and throughout the program. Italian will be spoken throughout the course at meal times and during the day by vocal exchanges. SoccerKix and SISA provides proven teaching methods to our players around the clock to enhance their Italian Soccer Experience. Players will be exposed to the beautiful game and beautiful language every day, on the field, at the poolside, and at every opportunity.
- Middlebury College, Vermont (exit WisItalia) - Middlebury College's summer program in Vermont (and California) offers an excellent immersion experience for seven weeks at the undergraduate level (levels I-III), or the six-week graduate program over several summers, or one summer plus an academic year in Florence for a Masters in Italian. The Italian School will again supplement its regular six-week graduate program with two intensive three-week sessions designed for teachers and graduate students of Italian, taught by professors of international prominence. Beginning in the summer of 2009, all students at the undergraduate level in the Italian School may elect to study at their new site at Mills College, in Oakland, California, if space permits. Levels I, II and III will be offered at Mills and the courses will be taught by professors who have experience with the Middlebury teaching methodology, and the courses will be similar to the ones taught in Vermont. What makes the Middlebury experience so unique is its long-standing observance of the "language pledge," a commitment made by each student in writing to use exclusively the Italian language for the duration of the summer session.
- New Paltz - Language Immersion Institute, State University of New York (exit WisItalia) - The Language Immersion Institute at the State University of New York at New Paltz invites the adult learner to acquire proficiency in one or more of twenty languages (includes Italian) in the shortest possible time. The immediacy with which participants are able to use the language is a hallmark of LII's weekend, two week, overseas and special programs. Using the communicative approach to language acquisition, LII's master teachers create a highly effective, exciting and supportive learning environment for beginning, intermediate or advanced students.
- Piazza Italia, University of Wisconsin, Madison (exit WisItalia) - Piazza Italia, a Unique Dorm Experience, is an Italian language floor located at Tripp/Adam's Hall on the University of Wisconsin-Madison's campus. Piazza Italia is an Italian-immersion living community available for undergraduate students, supervised by a resident native-speaker of Italian. Interested? Learn more about this living experience by viewing the flyer (pdf).
- Victory K-8 School for the Gifted and Talented Italian Partial Immersion Program, Milwaukee, Wisconsin (exit WisItalia) -
While learning a new language and developing fundamental skills for success in the classroom, students explore the rich heritage of Italy. Victory School is now able to offer Italian to about 277 students as they implement their school-wide Partial Immersion Program. In the past, only about 80 to 90 students were able to learn the language in the full immersion classrooms. Currently, about 277 students in grades K4 – 5th grade receive Italian on a daily basis as compared to 80 to 90 in 2010-11.
About 134 of the 277 students are still housed with Italian-speaking teachers who continue to nurture their language and academic skills in the target language. Italian is still used for instruction in some content areas. The remaining students are enrolled in the FLES Italian program; learning Italian as a foreign language. These students had no previous experience with the language. They receive Italian instruction for one hour a day, 5 days a week.
Italian Language Schools Located in Italy
- ABC School of Florence (exit WisItalia) - The ABC School of Florence offers a wide range of Italian Language courses, amazing offers and interesting extra curricular activities. Courses are held by qualified teachers who frequently attend courses covering the Direct Teaching Method. They take care of their students so that classes are made up of a maximum of 8 students and lessons are 55 minutes per hour. The ABC School of Florence, in cooperation with the Town Council of Florence actively takes part in the Language and Literacy Program for Immigrants. Website is in Italian and English.
- Accademia Italiana (AI) (exit WisItalia) - Accademia Italiana (AI), a private Italian institute in operation for 25 years in Florence and Rome, is one of Europe's premier institutes for the study of art, fashion and design. AI offers high quality academic programs and practical experience through internship, work and volunteer opportunities. AI's campuses in Florence and Rome offer study abroad programs, short-term courses and bachelors and masters degree programs in the areas of graphic and interior design, fashion design, and set and production design, textile design and window display design as well as in the liberal arts, studio arts, and Italian language. Students studying abroad with AI receive personalized services both during pre-departure and on-site from staff both here in the US and in Italy. Website is in Italian and English.
- American University of Rome (AUR) (exit WisItalia) - The University of Wisconsin-Platteville's Rome Program, located at the American University of Rome (AUR), is designed to provide students with an unique living and learning experience in "The Eternal City." Students may participate for one semester, for a full academic year, or for the summer. All study abroad students take 12 to 16 credits, including one course in Italian language, which is offered at all levels, from beginning through advanced. No previous knowledge of Italian is required, and the language of instruction is English or Italian depending on the student's proficiency. The university offers course work in Italian Language and Literature, Art History, Communications/Media Studies/Cinema, History, Political Science/International Relations, and International Business. View the UW-Platteville Rome Abroad Program website for more information. Consult the American University of Rome's newly revised website http://www.aur.edu; Study Abroad, Class Schedule, for a listing of the current semester's course offerings and course descriptions. WolfTracks Spring 2011 Newsletter (pdf)
- Babilonia (exit WisItalia) - Babilonia, an accredited Italian language school in Taormina, Sicily. Learn Italian in Italy and take part in the full immersion Italian courses in a group or private setting. Their Italian language school in Taormina, Sicily, offers Italian classes from one week up to one year. And with the Italian language courses, you will also be offered a program of social and cultural activities and free assistance in finding accommodation in Taormina. Website is in Italian and English.
- Centro Giacomo Puccini, an Italian Language School for Foreigners (exit WisItalia) - The Italian language school "Giacomo Puccini Centre" organizes year-round Italian Language and Culture Courses to learn italian in Viareggio, one of Tuscany's most beautiful beaches. Website is in Italian and English.
- Centro Italiano Firenze (exit WisItalia) - The Italian language school, Centro Italiano Firenze, is located in the city center of Florence, not far from the famous Piazza Duomo. The classrooms are air-conditioned and students can use their Internet point and wi-fi connection for free. It is the school's belief that people interested in learning Italian are generally moved by the desire to know more about the culture and history of this country. So for their main courses, students can attend a number of cultural activities in the afternoons in addition to the group lessons in Italian language in the mornings. These are included in the price. Students also have the chance to focus on particular subjects in more depth by choosing from a number of afternoon seminars on specific topics. Website is in Italian and English.
- Centro Italiano: Italian Language and Culture in Naples (exit WisItalia) - At Centro Italiano of Naples, you will be learning Italian in a welcoming and friendly atmosphere in the heart of the historic centre of Naples. In addition to the courses in Italian language, their school also organizes classes in Neapolitan cooking: pizza, pasta, desserts, bread, tomatoes, basil! They also arrange Italian lessons in Sorrento, Ischia and Capri all year long. Website is in Italian and English.
- Centro Linguistico di Ateneo (exit WisItalia) - The CLA, Ca' Foscari University's Language Centre in Venice (San Sebastiano, Dorsoduro 1686), is offering foreign students 40-hour intensive Italian language courses, plus 10 hours of study in its Self-Access Centre (optional) during June through September 2012. The level activated will be as follow: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 (with a minimum of 8 participants).
- Centro Mediterraneo Pintadera (exit WisItalia) - Pintadera is a small Italian language school located in a quiet and picturesque alley of the old town of Alghero in Sardinia. Welcoming and relaxing, the school offers the perfect atmosphere for learning the Italian language and gaining a unique insight into Sardinian culture. Every course, be it language or culturally-orientated, involves organized activities exploring the Sardinian way of life including first hand investigations of local customs, traditions, food and wines. The school is guided by a warm and welcoming staff that is qualified in educational instruction and keenly sensitive to student needs.
- Convitto Nazionale Statale "Cristoforo Colombo" (exit WisItalia) - The National Boarding School "Cristoforo Colombo" in Genoa, Italy gives to foreign high school girls the chance to attend (for one year or until the attainment of the degree) an Italian High School suitable to your needs where you can live together with Italian and foreign high school girls in an educational place opened to multiculturality. For further information, contact: email@example.com
- Courses on Italian Language and Culture Listed on the www.italiansrus.com website (exit WisItalia) - Lists a wide variety of Italian language schools and courses in Italy.
- Courses on Italian Language and Culture offered by Italian Universities (exit WisItalia) -
The Italian Culture Institute of Chicago has links to Italian language and culture offered by Italian universities. This list of schools, centers, and academies offer courses in various disciplines aimed primarily at foreign students. The level of organization and of the quality of the instruction offered at the schools can be guaranteed if the school obtained approval under the MIUR act (following an inspection by the Ministry of Education, University, and Scientific Research). The following websites are generally in Italian and English.
- Università degli studi dell'Aquila
- Università degli studi di Bergamo
- Università degli studi di Bologna – Cilta
- Università degli studi di Bologna – Cliro
- Università della Calabria, Campus di Arcavacata
- Università per Stranieri "Dante Alighieri" di Reggio Calabria
- Università degli studi di Cassino
- Università degli studi di Catania
- Università degli studi di Firenze - Centro di cultura per stranieri
- Università degli studi di Firenze - Centro linguistico di ateneo
- Università degli studi di Genova
- Università degli studi di Lecce
- Università Politecnica delle Marche
- Università degli studi di Milano
- Università degli studi di Parma
- Università per stranieri di Perugia
- Università degli studi di Roma Tre
- Università per stranieri di Siena
- Università degli studi di Trento
- Università degli studi di Udine
- Università degli studi di Urbino
- Università degli studi "Ca' Foscari" di Venezia - also see Centro Linguistico di Ateneo
- De Rada Italian Institute (exit WisItalia) - Study Abroad Programs, Special Celebrations & Guests, Films Shooting, Grants, Alumni Opportunities, & Innovative Courses. In celebration of its 10th anniversary, De Rada Institute is offering a unique opportunity to all students interested in Italian Studies and in Film and Film Production. The De Rada Institute is proud to sponsor for the Summer 2010 in Calabria the shooting of two movies: "Il ritorno di Norman" by Renato Guzzardi and "Illegal" by Eva Benedikt. Film Producer: Demetrio Loricchio. Plus new Courses on Film Studies. During the 2010 Summer Program in Calabria, Italy, students will be able to take all levels of Italian language and culture and Italian cinema courses while working with an Italian director on an independent film. View the promotional email (exit WisItalia) for more details.
- EF-Study Italian Abroad (exit WisItalia) - EF is an organization focused on cross-cultural exchange, and they offer Italian language courses in Rome with a strong emphasis on cultural and language immersion. EF has a lot to offer students of the Italian language, including exam preparation courses for the IT, CILS and CELI, college language credit for courses, and internships and volunteering positions in local Roman businesses and organizations. Their language programs are designed for individuals of all ages who want to connect with the country and language, since their students live with host families and are encouraged to immerse themselves in the language and culture as much as possible.
- ICoN - Italian Culture on the Net (exit WisItalia) - Is a Consortium of Italian Universities whose mission is the promotion and diffusion of Italian culture and the image of Italy worldwide, using telematic media. The following university institutions collectively make up ICoN: Bari, Cassino, Catania, Genoa, Milan State University, Padua, Parma, Pavia, Perugia for Foreigners, Pisa, Rome "La Sapienza", Rome "Tor Vergata", Roma Tre, Salerno, Siena for Foreigners, Turin, Trento, Venice; the Free University of Language and Communication IULM of Milano, the University of Naples "L'Orientale", and the Superior School for Academic Studies "S. Anna" of Pisa di Pisa. The ICoN Consortium was set up in January 1999 in partnership with the Office of the President of the Chamber of Deputies and with the support of the Office of the Prime Minister and the Ministry of Universities and Scientific and Technological Research. It operates in agreement with the Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The ICoN website has the materials pertaining to the Degree Course in Italian Language and Culture, divided into teaching modules and accompanied by interactive exercises. You will also find special sections containing the materials dealing with the courses in Italian Language for Foreigners, Written Italian for Professional Purposes, and Italian for non-EU citizens. In addition, the website's resources include the Library, the Museum and the Encyclopedia: three very rich collections of materials on Italian culture. Website is in Italian and English. NEW: On-line courses and degrees now available! For more information, contact Laura De Renzis at firstname.lastname@example.org, +39050221 26 91 or Skype: relazioni_esterne_icon.
- Il Centro: Italian Courses in Milan (exit WisItalia) - Il Centro is an Italian language school in the city center of Milan with more than 20 years of experience in organizing Italian language courses for foreigners. Since 1986, Il Centro has offered Italian courses for all levels from absolute beginner to super-advanced. The school offers the possibility to take lessons in the morning, afternoon or evening; in groups, mini-groups or individual sessions, at Il Centro or at your home or office. Website is in Italian and English.
- Il Sasso: Italian School in Tuscany (exit WisItalia) - The school of Italian Il Sasso is in Montepulciano, in the heart of Tuscany, half way between Florence and Rome. It is recognized by the Ministry of Education and is ISO 9001 certified. For 25 years, it offers Italian Language courses and Cultural courses such as Art, Wine, History, Literature, Italian for Business, Preparation for CELI and CILS. The school is open all year round, both for group and individual teaching. They are particularly experienced in instructing adult students. Website is in Italian and English.
- Istituto Linguistico Mediterraneo (exit WisItalia) - A year-round Italian language school in Tuscany offering Italian language, art, cooking courses to tourists, students and business people. Their schools are situated in Pisa and Viareggio. Learn Italian in Italy and enjoy Italian culture! Website is in Italian and English.
- Istituto Venezia (exit WisItalia) - The Italian language school Istituto Venezia is officially recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education and has been promoting and supporting the Italian language for many years in Venice and Triest. Apart from group courses with different intensity and for all levels, the Istituto Venezia also offers individual lessons and combined courses, as well as courses in history of arts and Italian cooking.
- Italiano Riviera (exit WisItalia) - Learn Italian in Italy | Italian Courses. Live a new experience with a language course and a wonderful holiday at the best sea of the world. The School of Italian in Italy "Italiano in Riviera," located in Alghero (Riviera del Corallo), Sardinia, has been involved in the field of language teaching for 10 years, offering Italian courses as a second language, English, Spanish and French. Their staff is made up of young, enthusiastic, qualified professionals with teaching experience and a good knowledge of at least two foreign languages, besides Italian.
- Lingua in Corso (exit WisItalia) - Learn Italian with Italians. Their school, located in Perugia, aspires to promote the Italian language and culture by involving the students not only in the study of grammar and conversation but also by introducing and involving them in Italian life and culture.
- OMNILINGUA (exit WisItalia) - OMNILINGUA is a small, professional school that prides itself on its family atmosphere. It is situated in the famous resort town of Sanremo. The school is located close to the historical part of town and just a few steps away from the beach. The school building, Casa Valdese, has a long literary and academic tradition dating back to the 1940's when Italo Calvino, the renowned Italian author studied here. Following in his footsteps, OMNILINGUA's objective is to offer high quality, stimulating Italian language lessons in a warm and friendly environment. The school is recognized by A.S.I.L.S. (Association of Italian schools as a second language) and has received "Excellence Awards" for outstanding customer services. Besides Italian language courses, OMNILINGUA offers internships for younger people wanting to gain work experience in an Italian work environment.
- Ovit-Milano (exit WisItalia) - Ovìt is a school specializing in Italian language for foreigners. Choose the perfect course for you: general, intensive or individual courses, CELI and CILS exam preparation, Italian for your business, for tourists, for teachers... and register online. Learn more about Italy, Italian culture, literature, Italian recipes and much more and.. why not? take some easy online Italian Lessons! Website is in Italian and English.
Read the Testimonial from Mariann Millard (pdf) about an unforgettable experience - make this your experience, too!
- Poliedro (exit WisItalia) - The language school Poliedro in San Bartolomeo al Mare, a lovely town on the Riviera dei Fiori in Liguria, offers Italian courses for all levels, all ages and students from all nationalities. Tuition is really personalized and the groups are small to enable fast learning progress in a comfortable ambient. The school offers Italian language courses at all levels for all ages and a funfilled cultural program.
- Scuola Conte Ruggiero (exit WisItalia) - Learn Italian in the far south of Italy, with its beautiful beaches, coasts and crystal-clear sea! Conte Ruggiero Language School has been offering highly qualified Italian courses since 1984. They are located in Italy / Calabria and their Italian courses are recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education for Teaching of Italian as a Foreign Language. They offer high quality standards. Their teachers are all mother tongue; they have a University degree and are qualified to teach Italian as a Foreign Language. You are going to experience a perfect compromise between holiday and study, relaxation and the most effective teaching methods.
- Scuola Dante Alighieri Camerino (exit WisItalia) - The Italian language school Scuola Dante Alighieri Camerino is located in Camerino, a quiet medieval university town in the Marche, Italy. The school offers Italian language courses for all levels, special courses and the CELI exam. The study-holidays incorporate intensive Italian language classes, culture courses and recreational activities such as guided tours and excursions.
- Scuola Leonardo da Vinci - Italian Language School (exit WisItalia) - A unique language school offering courses in Florence, Milan, Rome and Siena. There are short, intensive courses, as well as long-term courses.
- Scuola Palazzo Malvisi - Bagno di Romagna (exit WisItalia) - An Italian language school offering courses in Bagno di Romagna. These programs are for beginners, elementary, intermediate and advanced students. A variety of courses include small group courses, Italian culture courses, courses for Italian language teachers, Italian language programs for business, Italian language programs for tourism, and a variety of special Italian language courses. Website is in English.
- Scuola Palazzo Malvisi - Ravenna (exit WisItalia) - An Italian language school offering courses in Ravenna. These programs are for beginners, elementary, intermediate and advanced students. A variety of courses include small group courses, Italian culture courses, courses for Italian language teachers, Italian language programs for business, Italian language programs for tourism, and a variety of special Italian language courses. Website is in Italian, English, German, French, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Romanian, Turkish, Greek, Swedish, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Arabic.
- Study Abroad in Italy-Go Oversees (exit WisItalia) - Italy is quickly gaining a reputation as an outstanding country to seek international education. There are nearly 100 different universities in Italy to choose from, and finding the best fit (or the best study abroad program for you!) will prove crucial in defining your study abroad experience.
- Terramare (exit WisItalia) - The Italian language school is located in Orbetello in the Maremma region of Tuscany. Terramare offers Italian language courses in small groups of 2-6 students, individual courses, a wide range of special courses, as well as courses that can be accumulated for university credits.
- Tiberius International - Rimini (exit WisItalia) - This school, located in Rimini, Italy offers Italian language lessons, as well as courses in art, history, literature, musical studies in opera, vocal technical training, piano, guitar and violin lessons, business classes, Latin lessons and cooking lessons www.learnitaliancooking.com (exit WisItalia), with the culture and every day life of Italy in mind. Their Italian language courses are officially authorized by the Italian Ministry of Education. Scholarships are available for the General Italian Group Courses. Website is in Italian and English.
- Torre di Babele (exit WisItalia) - The Italian language school, Torre di Babele, is officially authorized by the Italian Ministry of Education and has been in operation in Rome since 1984, offering Italian language courses in Italy for students from all over the world as well as training courses for teachers of Italian for foreigners. The school is also one of the founding members of the Association of Italian Language Schools in Italy, A.S.I.L.S. (Associazione delle Scuole di Italiano come Lingua Seconda). Their Italian courses are offered all year round, taught by highly qualified teachers in small groups, with a maximum of 12 students. Website is in Italian and English.